Friday 23 September 2016

Geek Speak: Keshav

06:21 Posted by Anonymous No comments
         “The future belongs to the curious, The ones who are not afraid to try it, explore it, poke at it, question it and turn it inside out.” 


This interesting quote is by  Clay P. Bedford, a man who was responsible for some truly revolutionary projects like the Grand Coulee Dam. It quite crisply encapsulates the true importance behind imbibing the spirit of curiosity in students. Meanwhile, back at Kidobotikz, it’s a rather quiet friday evening. With the course having gone digital, the few students that are here today are the ones who are transition to their digital courseware or the ones who had some head-scratching doubts in their robotics courses last night. These are the young minds that put in fairly heavy amounts of time into robotics and try to outshine their peers. We meet one such young fella today; one who is quite bubbly, inquisitive and wide grinned. Meet Keshav, our geek for the day. 

Hey Keshav! Can you tell me a bit about yourself?
I’m Keshav. I am in the 3rd grade of PSBB KK Nagar.

Can you tell us why and when did you join Kidobotikz?
I came to Kidobotikz in 2013. I was a very small boy. I saw the board of Kidobotikz and came with dad here. I wanted to join but my parents felt that I was too young. So dad said No. I begged for 2 weeks and finally convinced dad to get me enrolled here.

That is good. What do you like the most about Kidobotikz? And what did you think about Kidobotikz before joining here?
That’s a funny story. Before joining Kidobotikz, I did not know much about robotics or basics. I thought they will give me a humanoid and ask me to make it work. Then finally, when I actually started the course, it was a surprise. I had to start by building robots that ran on wheels, then move on to robots that have legs and only then can i know enough to start developing a humanoid.

The best thing I like about Kidobotikz is the teachers. They are very friendly and teach very patiently.

What level are you in? And why do you like robotics?
Here, I am at the end of Junior Level- 3. I am now in the process of transitioning to the digital platform. I like robotics because I want to build one. I want to become a scientist in the field of robotics.

Which is your favourite robot?
I have no favourite robot. But i have a dream robot. I want to build a robot that can cook by itself and serve the food later on. This I will gift to my mother.

What to do want to do when you finish schooling and college? 
I have no plans on what to do yet. But, my ambition in life is to become a robotics scientist.


0 comments:

Post a Comment