Saturday 24 September 2016

Geek Speak: Guruprasad

06:20 Posted by Anonymous No comments
What best defines a Saturday evening? A calm, serene and ambient living room with some peaceful activity like listening to music or a some intensive hobby. That is if you are an adult. If you are student, saturday is the best time to blow off some steam after a gruelling week at school. It will be the ideal day to kick back with some robotics before you need to catch up with your assignments on Sunday. Kidobotikz is usually a place where robotics is used to kick back from the tiresome rigours of the week. Today is no different. There’s a trickle of students who are here to get themselves ready for various competitions. One can look around and notice sheets of paper scribbled with rough designs of sumo robots, race robots, project robots what have you. Amidst all this action, a puny young fella seems to be basking upon what he has developed. Having his name featured on the newsfeed of the kidobotikz app yesterday, he is here to show us what he had developed and tell more about himself. Meet Guru, my namesake and our geek for the day. 



Hi Guru! Can you tell me a bit about yourself?
I’m Guruprasad! I study in class 3 of GRT Mahalakshmi Vidyalaya Matriculation Higher Senior Secondary School.

Can you tell us why and when did you join Kidobotikz?
I joined Kidobotikz on the 19th of August, 2016. I remember the date because I wrote it down on my notebook so that I don’t forget (laughs). My mom saw the advertisement for Kidobotikz on the newspaper and decided to bring me here. Now I am in the foundation level.

That is good. What do you like about Kidobotikz? And how do you feel about the concepts?
The most important thing I like about Kidobotikz is the way of teaching. The online platform is very helpful and when there are doubts, I can easily contact a faculty via the chat and learn more. Before joining here, if there was one thing I was scared about, it was the fact that I forget a lot of what I read. So, I was worried whether I will be remembering everything that I learn. But, thanks to the videos and animations, it is easy to remember every concept. 

Why do you think learning robotics is important?
With Kidobotikz, I am learning very important concepts like Mechanics, Programming and Electronics. All of these are very important concepts themselves. When these are used in robots, that means robots are important too. Not only that, I am interested in becoming an entrepreneur. For that robotics is the best. 

Can you tell me about the robot that you have brought here today?
I’ve assembled a unique tricycle robot with the components from my foundation level kit. The robot contains IR sensors on the front and back. This way, it will go in a straight line. When it comes close to a wall, it will automatically stop and move back. This way it can move around all directions and avoid collisions with obstacles.


Which is your favourite robot?
My favourite robots are humanoid robots. They require the best of technology to be built. That makes them my favourite. 

What to do want to do when you finish schooling and college? 
I have no plans for the future yet. I am just 9 years old (laughs).


0 comments:

Post a Comment