Sunday 25 September 2016

Geek Speak: Ishwarya

06:01 Posted by Anonymous No comments
When we imagine the terms “Robotics engineer” or “Robotics Hobbyists”, our minds immediately race to a picturesque image of a young boy or gentleman who is meddling with gadgets and wires to develop a truly remarkable piece of machinery. One can almost feel sorry for having been a borderline chauvinist, for the world of robotics and computers is no longer limited to the dorms of young boys and cubicles of professional men. Women are increasingly obsessed in getting their palms greasy with solder, glue and what have you. Nowhere is this change more pronounced than at Kidobotikz where geek-princesses are a familiar sight. They’ve dropped their barbies and picked up their arduinos. This is the true empowerment that we talk about so often. Meanwhile back at Kidobotikz, I strike up a conversation with a young girl who has been quite engrossed in reading a book that has a title “Tatva” and is filled with rules. Upon inquiry she reveals that her classes for the day are over and she is awaiting her mother and reading about upcoming contests in the meantime. Meet Aishwarya, the reigning princess of robotics and our geek for the day.


Hey Aishwarya! Do you mind introducing yourself to our readers?
Hello everyone! I am Ishwarya, and my name starts with an ‘I’ not an ‘A’ (laughs). I study in class 8 of Jawahar Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School. At Kidobotikz, I am now in the expert level.

Can you tell us what led you to join Kidobotikz?
Nothing actually led me to join to kidobotikz. It just happened. On one of their enrollment drives they had distributed pamphlets outside our school. I received one of those pamphlets. It kinda piqued my curiosity. So, took it to my parents who were also interested in the idea of me learning robotics. That’s how I joined here.

That’s as simple as anyone would’ve put it. So, how has been Kidobotikz your experience?
To be honest, I’ve always been interested in science, in particular physics. I’ve always been curious to know more about the world we live in and the way things work. So, youtube used to a big hangout place for me. Joining Kidobotikz helped in a unique way. I was able to channel all of these curiousity into the Kidobotikz courseware and learn a great deal about technology. In particular, I got very interested in humanoid robots after joining Kidobotikz.

That’s interesting. So, what change in your attitude do you feel after joining Kidobotikz?
The day I joined Kidobotikz, I was under the assumption that I would be starting to work on humanoid robots. I assumed that robotics was some high tech activity which starts at a highly complex courseware that would only be getting tougher and tougher. Much to my surprise, here at Kidobotikz, the course started with the most fundamental of concepts such as basic electronics and mechanical. Only then did I realise that the knowledge required for building robots did not start at graduation level but in school. Kidobotikz helped me achieve that holistic perspective of the tech world.

I’m sure Team Kidobotikz feels elated by your compliments. Meanwhile, how was your KRG experience this time? 
I participated in 4 events this time- Line Tracer, Manual Race, Robo Sumo, Balloon Bursters. While, I couldn’t win the events, I managed to give a tough opposition to all participants. I’m working on the positives and I hope to bag a win in the next edition. Amidst all this, I am also gearing up to participate in FTC.

So, what are your plans for the future? Any field of interest that you are looking forward to work in?
I’ve always loved physics, astronomy in particular. I’m very passionate about concepts like black holes, quantum physics. So, I wish to be a physicist. Hopefully, i will implement my knowledge of robotics in these fields as well.


0 comments:

Post a Comment